For this blog post of mine, I’m going to share with you those quotes that I’ve highlighted while I was reading Paulo Coelho’s Manuscript Found in Accra.
In which by the way, I’m also grateful that I’ve read this at the right time when I needed such inspiring and profound thoughts to help me feel calm and at ease. For such insights shared in this book about everything in life gave me such strength to overcome my fears and to be more braver and more positive all throughout. To keep the faith and believe that it’s going to be okay.
So here are the following quotes:
“Learn three important things: Wait patiently for the right moment to act. Do not let the next opportunity slip by you. And take pride in your scars.”
“In the cycle of nature there is no such thing as victory or defeat; there is only movement.”
“They listen to the beating of their own heart. They’re aware of being tense, of being afraid. They consider their life and discover that, despite the fear, their faith is still alive in their soul, driving them onward.”
“Expect nothing and you won’t be disappointed.”
“Solitude is not the absence of love, but its complement.”
“In cases of unrequited love, there is always the hope that one day it will be requited.”
“Don’t try to be useful. Try to be yourself; that is enough, and that makes all the difference.”
“Do one thing: Live the life you always wanted to live. Avoid criticizing others and concentrate on fulfilling your dreams. This may not seem very important to you, but God, who sees all, knows that the example you give is helping Him to improve the world. And each day, He will bestow more blessings upon it.”
“May I be capable of accepting myself as I am: a person who walks and feels and talks like anyone else, but who, despite his faults, is also brave.”
“No matter how you are feeling, get up every morning and prepare to let your light shine forth.”
“Elegance is not an outer quality, but a part of the soul that is visible to others.”
“Fate is never unfair to anyone. We are all free to love or hate what we do. When we love, we find the same joy in our daily activity as do those who one day set off in search of their dreams.”
What is success? It is being able to go to bed each night with your soul at peace.”
Anxiety is part of love, and should not be blamed because of that.
“Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it – just as we have learned to live with storms.”
When you are going through difficult times, remember: you might have lost some major battles, but you survived and you’re still here. That is a victory. Show your happiness and celebrate your ability to go forward.”
Love does not need to be understood. It needs only to be shown.”
“Love is an act of Faith.”
Well, that’s it for now, and till my next blog post.
Thank you so much for reading!
“Disconnecting in order to reconnect.”
A realization that came over me during those short road trips to the beach.
The thing is I think it’s best to disconnect and unplugged from technology every now and then, because one of the most authentic moments happens when we really connect ourselves to those people around us. However, I’ am so NOT talking about connecting via social media, chatting, texting, or calling. It’s about spending quality time with them without being stuck into our gadgets. Just leave it somewhere, and capture the actual experience yourself.
Furthermore, when it comes to taking photos of every mundane things that are happening into our lives; no camera could ever really capture the beauty and wonder to all the things that are happening right in front of you. So be in the moment, and take it all in. Which is by the way, more special than any photo in our gadgets, or albums. For the unforgettable memories stored into our minds and hearts are the ones that we should truly treasure.
And lastly, this thing called “Technology” is there to help us ease our day to day living. But, it is not something that we should depend on especially when its slowly disconnecting us to what is REAL.
Thank you so much for reading! 🙂
Reading books is such a great comfort from all the stress especially when you’re also feeling kind of burned out and all. Making you at ease and enlightened with such great wisdom, knowledge, and inspiration from what you’ve just read. A profound thought as to why it is such a beautiful hobby. So read, whatever different kinds of reading materials that you could get your hands on. Cause it is our source of food and relaxation into our minds.
One of the biggest causes as to why a certain country would decline because of the need to transfer/share their resources to other countries in order to benefit or lower their cost…
But at what cost?
Is it for the interest itself as a country?
Or for the interest of the individual citizens of this particular nation?
So who or what should its governing leaders truly needed to prioritize?
Well, yes it may had helped a lot of countries today for its stable economy. And some are turning out to be more powerful than them. The irony of it all.
Moreover, the sad part of it is that such an expense has cost the real citizens of that country to lose what is rightfully theirs.
And this is what has happens in the long run, being fed up of such political and economic policies that makes such conservative and unopenminded people to rise to the occasion. Thus, taking advantage of such a situation by doing one of the biggest and political surprise around the world.
This is truly a hard times, but to never lose hope and be vigilant to what is RIGHT is something that each and everyone around the world should truly be aware of.
Today is officially the day I’ve become a young woman who is already in her late 20’s; which also marks another milestone in my life – the day that I would start the new journey of being a 27 years old girl.
Of course, I’m still young but it’s not that young, since I’m also on my way to 30. But thinking about it, I’m sort of having this reaction of “Oh how time flies!”. For a few years ago, I was just in my early 20’s. And now, I look and feel so different from how I used to be back then.
So what do I hope and expect since today is a very special date for me?
Honestly, not much. For I feel so blessed in so many ways that until now, I’m still utterly overwhelmed and grateful to God for everything. Another thing is that, I truly appreciate my family, close friends, and co-workers who’ve always been there for me; and were able to put up with all of my quirkiness. And that is why, every single day I thank him so much for all of it.
But all I hope and pray on this day is that I may always have the strength and courage to do well in everything that I do. That I may prove it to him everyday that I’ am deserving and worthy to be given this wonderful life.
And since today is my most favorite day of the year, and that I annually publish a birthday blog. I would like to share a blog about some little tidbits about me. Something that I’m very fond of doing during my free – which is making tons of list; A list that I would rundown to you from my favorite books, songs, movies, food, places, quotes and a whole lot more. Plus, I’m sharing with you guys all (except for two) of my pictures that were taken this year.
So here are the following lists….
- Pride and Prejudice
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- 3 Idiots
- LOL (French)
- A Good Year
- You’ve Got Mail
- Before Sunset
- Eat Pray Love
- Julie and Julia
- Ngayon Nandito Ka
- To Love Again
- In My Dreams
- Gone Girl
- A Hundred Foot Journey
- The King’s Speech
- Memoirs of a Geisha
- The King’s Speech
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- The Holiday
- The Sound of Music
- The Help
- Monte Carlo
- Jane Eyre
- The Lake House
- You’ll Never Find Another Love Like Mine – Michael Buble and Laura Pausini
- Of all the things – Regine Velasquez
- A higher place – Adam Levine
- Water under the bridge – Adele
- Ambon – Barbie Almalbis
- Afraid for love to fade – Kristine Hermosa and Jericho Rosales version
- To Love Again by Sharon Cuneta
- The way you look tonight – Michael Buble
- Never get to hold you – Carly Rae Jepsen
- The Sound – The 1975
- Are you here? – Corinne Bailey Rae
- All of the stars – Ed Sheeran
- Army – Ellie Goulding
- Take a bow – Madonna
- Good friend – Regine Velasquez
- Style – Taylor Swift
- I’m in trouble -Griffin Peterson
- Ikaw nga – South Border
- Rise – Katy Perry
- Little Sister – Jonathan Clay
- Love me like you do – Ellie Goulding
- No Walls, No Ceilings, No Floors
- Put your arms around me – Texas
- Randomantic – James Reid
- Lay me down – Sam Smith
- Somewhere only we know – Keanne
- Araw Gabi by Regina Velasquez
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- An old-fashioned girl -Louisa May Alcott
- Garden Spells – Sarah Addison Allen
- Before we were strangers – Renee Carlino
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- Seventeenth summer -Maureen Daly
- Lake News -Barbara Delinsky
- The truth about forever – Sarah Dessen
- Edenbrooke – Julianne Donaldson
- Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn
- Where she went -Gayle Forman
- Mercy – Julie Garwood
- It ends with us -Colleen Hoover
- Ugly love – Colleen Hoover
- The Nancy Drew Series -Carolyn Keene
- Can you keep a secret? – Sophie Kinsella
- Memories – Lang Leav
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
- Forever Black -Sandi Lynn
- Every breathe you take – Judith McNaught
- Twilight – Stephenie Meyer
- The sea of tranquility – Katja Millay
- This heart of mine – Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- The Villa – Nora Roberts
- Small town girl – LaVyrle Spencer
- The Harry Potter and Sorcerer’s stone – J.K. Rowling
- The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
PLACES THAT I’VE ALREADY BEEN TO AND PLANS TO VISIT…
- Bali, Indonesia
- South Korea
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Machu Picchu, Peru
- Pagadian City
- Cebu city
- Davao city
- Ilocos Sur
- Ilocos Norte
- New Delhi, India
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Beijing, China
FAVORITE FOOD AND DRINKS…
- Baked Macaroni
- Big Mac
- Rice Coffee
- Dragon fruitshake
- Ice Cream – Cookies and Cream
- Twister Pizza (KFC)
- Chicken Ranch Salad
- Vanilla Frappe
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Arroz Caldo
- Tuna and Broccoli Salad
- Pancakes (Jollibee)
- Fried Rice
- Toasted Bread with Strawberry Jam or Cheese Spread
- Beef Steak
- Fried Chicken
FAVORITE ANIME SERIES…
- Card captor sakura
- Fushigi yugi
- Ayashino ceres
- Flame of Recca
- Kaicho wa maid sama
- Ghost fighter
- Brain powered
- Cinderella monogatari
- Vampire Knight
- Allison and Lillia
- Code Geass
- La Corda D’oro
- Earl and Fairy
- Gate Keepers
- Honey and Clover
- Vision of Escaflowne
- Kimi ni todoke
- Nodame Cantabile
- Romeo X Juliet
- Tsubasa Chronicles
- Magic Knights
- Winter Sonata
- Marmalade Boy
- Love Hina
- Fruits Basket
FAVORITE KOREAN MOVIES & SERIES…
- Descendants of the sun
- Winter sonata
- My love from the star
- Stairway to heaven
- Sassy girl Chunyang
- Architecture 101
- The King’s Wrath or The Fatal Encounter
- Daddy Long Legs
- The moon embraces the sun
- Autumn in my heart
- Oh my Venus
- The Heirs
- Boys over flowers
- You’re beautiful
- Sungkyunkwan Scandal
- Masters Sun
- Angel Eyes
- Bride of the century
- That winter the wind blows
- W-Two Worlds
- The Classic
- The Truth
- Princess Hours
- Coffee Prince
- My Girl
- Spring Waltz
FAVORITE TV SHOWS…
- North and South
- Samantha Brown’s Asia
- The Layover
- Parts Unknown
- The Kitchen Boss
- The Lying Game
- Downton Abbey
- Emma (2009 BBC Series)
- Gossip Girl
- New Girl
- It takes guts to be a Gutierrez
- E News
- Dolce Amore
- Fashion Police
- No Reservations
- Nigella’s Kitchen
- The Greatest Love
- On the wings of love
- Emily M.D.
- Grey’s Anatomy
- Be careful with my heart
- Hannah Montana
Recipes that I want to learn how to cook or bake…
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Banoffee Pie
- Beef Kaldereta
- Butter Chicken
- Buttermilk fried chicken
- Cheesy Chicken Stuffed
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Frozen Banana and Chocolate Cream Pie
- Maja Blanca
- One-pot lemon shrimp pasta
- Oreo Cheesecake
- Arroz Valenciana
- Chocolate Cake
- Cheese Burger Macaroni
- Potato Lasagna
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Mango Cream Pie
- Tom Yum Soup
- Pininyahang Manok
- Mocha Mousse
- Churros Con Chocolate
Family, Close Friends, and Co-Workers who really means a lot to me…
- Ate Donnah
- Ma’am Tin
- Ma’am Marla
- Uncle Manny
- Ma’am Nelma
- Auntie Amy
- Uncle Jun
- Ma’am Nelma
- Sir Toto
- Auntie Lele
- Auntie Lala
- Ma’am Jeny
When the sun shines on the sea… I think of you… When the dim moonlight is on the spring, I think of you..
Don’t Explain. People hear what the want to hear. -Paulo Coelho
No one is who they pretend to be. -Gayle Forman
You don’t ever find things when you’re looking for them. You find them when you’re not. -Gayle Forman
Seize the day; explore the world; and conquer tomorrow.
6. Things are only weird if you will let them be. -Christina Lauren
7. Nothing brings family together like FOOD. – Buddy Valastro
8. You never know how close you are to reaching it. So never give up on your dreams.
9. If you are going to dream. DREAM BIG.
10. There are some things that the heart never forgets, like how it feels to be loved.
11. I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don’t want to. – Harvey Specter
12. You have to just go with the flow. Your life is not your own, with people coming and in all the time. You get mellow because you have to. -Sarah Dessen
13. Words are wonderful, but every once in a while a few women are lucky enough to have something extra, something wonderful. A real commitment and effort. -Susan Elizabeth Phillips
14. WHAT and IF are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together, side by side, and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life. -Letters to Juliet
15. The most important things are the hardest to say.
16. Some books are so familiar that reading them is like being home again. – Louisa May Alcott
17. Don’t even think about running just because the going is getting tougher than ever.
18. Memories is a wonderful thing if you don’t have to deal with the past. -Before Sunset
19. You are what you READ. -You’ve Got Mail
20. Life should not be about the number of breaths you take-out, but the number of moments that take your breath away. -Alexandra Potter
21. Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.
22.You can’t know the answer until you ask the question. -Jennifer E. Smith
23. COURAGE is not the absence of fear. But rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. No one can make you inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt
26. Its the imperfections that make things beautiful. -Jenny Han
27. HAVE COURAGE, BE KIND, AND ALWAYS PRAY TO GOD.
And that is all…
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING… 🙂
The scary part of what’s happening to us on Facebook, or in other social media sites is that everything has turned into a comparing game. What do I mean by this? It means that each one of us are pressured to do something in order to be IN of what’s happening nowadays in our society; or would feel such self pity within ourselves because we tend to feel insecure to those people who keeps on posting on whatever that is happening in their daily lives and realized, that they already getting way ahead compared to them.
So how do we cope up with it? It’s either we’d also do something similar or would do something beyond who we really are in order to feel inside that we are so much better than them. Well, who cares if they’re already way ahead of us. Or who cares if they’ve already achieved a lot of things compared to ourselves. You know what, it doesn’t really matter at all. What matters is that you are doing something. It may take awhile in order to achieve what we truly want. So let’s not pressure ourselves to do it fast in order to catch up.
Another thing is that avoid procrastinating. Dream for it. Plan for it. And go for it. But make sure that it’s what you really want. Moreover, when we post a part of our lives in the social media, do it because that’s who we really are and leave those things that should really be kept in private. We share for the reason that we want to inspire, and not because we want to boost our inner ego. So please let us be kind to ourselves. Well, it’s a sad reality that we are on a chase as to who is so much better than the other. Just do things at our own pace and avoid comparing ourselves. Instead, we should focus on our own growth as an individual who knows what he/she truly wants in his or her life. And that is something that would really makes us happy and proud of ourselves. That we are doing and sharing something that is AUTHENTIC.